Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm a bad kitty!

Let me count the ways:

1. I'm too lazy about blogging. (I'll be better about posting my incredible adventures from now on, I promise!)

2. I whine when I want to go out. Sometimes at 4 in the morning.

3. I track dirt on my People's bed.

4. I try to bite People #1 and People #2 sometimes when they pull burrs out of my coat. But not really hard.

5. I disappear when my humans want to leave for the day and want to bring me back in from the Woods.

Purrrrrr....I love the Woods....my People finally get my message that I want to go outside, when they first move here when the weather is very warm.

People #1 is especially smart about this. He says to me, "Rupert, with all this great land spreading out so far and wide with no-one to bother you, you should be able to enjoy the outdoors".

YEAH! It's about time.

I really like catching mice out here in the country. They are more fat and sassy than the town ones in Bisbee, who are wimps.

The mice here give you a run for your money. I like a little challenge. The heat of the chase. The satisfaction of breaking their little necks!

I also catch baby bats. They're just mice with wings.

Word is getting around, though. I am not catching so many mice lately.

People #1 is mad at me now. Early this morning I meow to go out. It is still dark outside. The best time for ME, not for People #1 maybe.

I do not understand this. Why is he still napping in bed?

Why do humans sleep at night? It does not make sense. It is the best time to hunt.

Daytime is the best time to sleep.

I'm keeping a low profile in the other room right now. I will make my People miss me. They seem to like petting me. Well, they can just WAIT!

I've got some pictures to show you. I won't overload you though. There are so many. Seems like People #1 and People #2 love taking pictures of me here In The Woods.

I am told by countless feline (and human!) admirers that I am very photogenic.

I'll post a couple pictures at a time.

Here's a shot of me lounging on top of the sofa in my People's tiny tin house. They call it an "Airstream" trailer.




Here's a picture of me on a bed that my People put out for me in front of the barn this summer. But they take it away after only one day!



4 comments:

Lemuel said...

Peoples just don't appreciate a good bed when they see it!

Ur-spo said...

please abstain from baby bats
they are needed in many ways.

C said...

Rupert, YOU are fat and sassy! But I mean that in the best possible way. :)

It sounds like you're settling into the new digs very well. I thought of suggesting that you try to persuade your people to put in a kitty door, but I quickly realised that that would likely mean a lot of new "friends" INSIDE the house. >^_^<

Anonymous said...

Rupert,
They now make kitty doors that open when a little magnet on your collar (would you tolerate a collar, given it's potential advantages?)somehow makes it open, just for you.
Love,
Minou and Shasha
PS We don't have one, but Shasha is after us to get one!